034040—Introduction to Control
|Grading policy:||2 midterm projects (tokef)—20% each (provided the grade of the final exam is at least 55)
Final exam—60% (or 100%, if its grade is lower than 55)
|Passing policy:||Minimum passing grade is 55, only those who pass both projects are elibible to take the final exam|
Advanced single-loop analysis: signals and systems in the frequency domain; advanced loop shaping; robustness of control systems; pole placement; industrial controllers; control of dead-time systems.
State-space methods: state space; structural properties of systems in state space; state feedback; state observers; observer-based output feedback; linear-quadratic regulator (LQR) problem; linear-quadratic estimation (Kalman filtering); LQG.
Introduction to sampled-data control: connecting analog and digital; control of discrete-time systems; the sampling theorem, aliasing, and anti-aliasing filters; digital redesign of analog controllers.
- Goodwin, G. C., S. F. Graebe, and M. E. Salgado. Control System Design, Prentice Hall, 2001
(book site: http://csd.newcastle.edu.au/)
- Franklin G. F., J. D. Powell, and A. Emami-Naeini. Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems Addison-Wesley
- Åström K. J. and R. M. Murray. Feedback Systems: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers, Princeton U Press, 2008
(book site: http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~murray/amwiki/Main_Page)
- Åström K. J. and B. Wittenmark. Computer-Controlled Systems: Theory and Design, Prentice Hall, 1997
Full Hebrew version can be downloaded from here.
|Leonid Mirkin||210 D. Dan & Betty Kahn Bld., phone: 3149, email:|
|Shir Yam Paska||307 Lady Davis, phone: 050-2698310, email:
Office hours: Monday 13:00–14:00
|lecture||L. Mirkin||Sunday||11:30–13:20||Lady Davis 451|
|lecture||L. Mirkin||Sunday||15:30–16:20||Lady Davis 451|
|tutorial||S. Y. Paska||Sunday||16:30–17:20||Lady Davis 451|
|א׳||February 20, 2018||9:00||451 LD|
|ב׳||March 18, 2018||9:00||441 LD|
- Preliminaries (review of some material from "Introduction to Control")
- signals & systems in frequency domain (also in beamer mode)
- fundamentals of frequency-domain design, lead and lag (also in beamer mode)
- M- and N-circles, Nichols chart, Bode's gain-phase relation; pole/zero cancellations (also in beamer mode)
- M-file of the example discussed in the class
- Lightly-damped loops; 2DOF; strong stabilization; integrator windup (also in beamer mode) (updated 16.11.2017)
- Dead-time systems (also in beamer mode)
- Pole placement; choice of reference signals (also in beamer mode) (updated 16.11.2017)
- Robustness; state space methods: preliminaries (also in beamer mode)
- State feedback (contd), state observers, observer-based feedback (also in beamer mode)
- LQR (also in beamer mode)
- Linear-quadratic state estimation, LQG; introduction to sampled-data systems (also in beamer mode) (updated 30.12.2017)
- Discrete-time design, analysis of discrete systems (also in beamer mode)
- Discrete-time design (contd); sampled-data LGR (also in beamer mode)
- Tutorial 1
- Tutorial 2
- Tutorial 3
- Tutorial 4
- Tutorial 5
- Tutorial 6
- Tutorial 7
- Tutorial 8
- Tutorial 9
- Tutorial 10
- Tutorial 12
- Assignment (submission deadline: 12.12.2017, 10:00pm).
- Assignment (submission deadline: 16.01.2018, 10:00pm).
Project reports are to be submitted electronically (in PDF only, typeset, not scanned handwrites) to . MATLAB code should also be included (see explanations in the assignment file).